A few days ago I posted a question to Identi.ca and Twitter, asking followers what they couldn’t follow Formula One without. The responses came in thick and fast and while the original intention was to post just ten things, I quickly realised that would no longer suffice. So while we all prepare for qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix, I thought I’d share what many of you guys and gals need to follow the sport. As always, feel free to add your own in the comments…
- Alex (from SofaF1) – Sidepodcast Live commenting, live timing, TV images, commentary, notepad and pen, beverage, radio (ad breaks), Wikipedia, the BlogF1 grid printout!
- Stephen (from Stephen Hill’s Bloggie) – Formula 1 cap, Budweiser, laptop, snacks, my B&W DM602 S3 speakers, peace and quiet and live timing.
- Me (from Sidepodcast) – Christine, nachos, the local weather radar and a mobile phone for texting Radio 5live.
- Steven – Parade Lap (the Sidepodcast pre-race show).
- Milos (from F1Wolf) – Beer and good TV commentary.
- Craig (from Craigblog) – 2x fried pancakes, 3x scrambled eggs, 2x tattie scones, 2x fried bread and 1x cup of tea.
- Keith (from F1Fanatic) – The army of F1Fanatic live bloggers, a notepad and a (sturdy) pen.
Thanks to all who responded, and if I missed your list I apologise – remind me in the comments! Also, I think Craig got the wrong end of the stick, but the answer is still worthy of posting.
Most people said at some point that live timing was very important, highlighting how indispensable it has become (when it works) and laptops and/or computers were mentioned a few times, suggesting more and more people are following the sport online as well as on the television.
So what about you? What can you not watch Formula One without? Have your say in the comments below.