Sebastian Vettel set the Istanbul Park circuit alight earlier with a display of awesome speed to claim pole position for tomorrow’s race. However, right behind the Red Bull pilot are the two Brawn drivers of Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, who will want to continue their dominant form into the mid-season. Mark Webber is desperate to get his maiden victory in Formula One, and Jarno Trulli has looked relatively quick all weekend. The experience of Ferrari will help them and Felipe Massa seems to enjoy this track the most, dominating in previous years.
But who do you think will have what it takes to claim victory after the 58 laps of Istanbul Park tomorrow afternoon? Who has the car, the strategy and the strength to endure the massive quadruple-apexed T8 and beat the rest to the start/finish line on the final lap?[poll id=”49″]
- The qualifying results can be viewed here: Turkey 2009: Qualifying Result.
- The live qualifying notes can be viewed here: Turkey 2009: Live Qualifying Notes.
- The grid (inclusive of penalties) can be viewed here once published: Turkey 2009: The Grid.
- The post-qualifying car weights can be viewed here once published: Turkey 2009: Post-Qualifying Car Weights.
- The qualifying report can be viewed here: Turkey 2009: Sebastian Vettel Takes Pole Position Ahead Of Brawns.