Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen has led the second day of testing at Malaysia’s Sepang circuit, edging out Alex Wurz in his resurgent Williams. Although the difference between the two drivers was close to half a second, the fact that BMW and McLaren have slipped out of the top four is unusual. David Coulthard enjoyed a return to the top half of the timing sheet with a lap time just 0.01s down on Wurz, and Ralf Schumacher popped his Toyota into fourth just a further 0.04s down on Coulthard.
Today was reasonable, we didn’t have any problems with the car which is positive. It gets very hot in the car but I have done my training to be ready for this so I can cope. Ralf Schumacher.
Robert Kubica drove the lone BMW around the circuit and managed to go fifth quickest, although this was considerably off the pace he set yesterday when he went top of the time sheets. Lewis Hamilton also struggled in his McLaren and could only muster a sixth place before the end of the day.
Honda fielded both race drivers for today, and Rubens Barrichello went eighth while Jenson Button languished further down the tables in tenth. Honda’s B-Team Super Aguri went faster than Honda with Takuma Sato lapping Sepang 0.2s faster than the Brazilian pilot. Anthony Davidson tucked his Aguri up behind Jenson in eleventh while nursing his back injury. Both Toro Rosso’s propped the timing sheet up.
1. Raikkonen – Ferrari – 1m35.258s
2. Wurz – Williams – 1m35.702s
3. Coulthard – Red Bull Racing – 1m35.712s
4. Schumacher – Toyota – 1m35.751s
5. Kubica – BMW – 1m35.887s
6. Hamilton – McLaren – 1m36.115s
7. Sato – Super Aguri – 1m36.306s
8. Barrichello – Honda – 1m36.563s
9. Kovalainen – Renault – 1m36.578s
10. Button – Honda – 1m36.617s
11. Davidson – Super Aguri – 1m37.876s
12. Speed – Toro Rosso – 1m37.910s
13. Liuzzi – Toro Rosso – 1m37.971s
Download Original Wallpaper