Behind the scenes here at BlogF1 can seem like a one-man-band much of the time. For those familiar with the comedy show Little Britain, I not only star in the show, but I also write and sing the theme tune too. Currently, the theme tune is going through a process of being rewritten. Or to put that into better language, BlogF1 is being realigned, and as per the usual at this time of year, I would like your input…
It isn’t a big overhaul and the basic design will remain untouched – why change something that still garners praise every now and then!? However, some things are being shifted about a little as the website evolves and hopefully the moving around will make things easier to find and just work and flow a bit better.
It was when I was tinkering about this evening (or early morning, if you insist) that I realised I was missing one vital ingredient. You see, BlogF1 is for you, the person reading this. So below I’m going to outline the things I’m doing to the site in the background (it’s in a top-secret underground lair) and then I would like for you to add to or remove things from the list. I want your input because often, as a one-man-band, I miss things that others see as obvious.
- Featured posts will rotate automatically through the most recent x-number.
- Number of other posts shown with picture and excerpt reduced from 8 to 6 (two rows of 3).
- Daily Debate feature added and displayed in a new right-hand sidebar (most recent 5 with just title, question and comment link).
- Caption Contest moved to a more prominent position.
PrettyColourful buttons added to link to things like Calendar, Teams, Standings etc…
- “Older posts/newer posts” links added to homepage (it’s actually numbered pages, like what you see on Flickr).
- Video and all the current stuff found below are likely to remain there aside from the Caption Contest which is being moved up.
- During the season, recent results posts will feature more prominently, making them easier to find straight from the homepage.
- Links in posts will become more obvious.
- The whole site should run a bit faster, I hope.
As you can see, the realign so far is mainly about the homepage. Is there anything you would want to add or take away from it. Also, is there anything about the single post pages that you would alter? Is there enough information in the sidebar, or too much? Is it even necessary to have that information there? I’ve also reignited my interest in bbPress – forum software written by the same people who develop WordPress (the CMS that runs BlogF1) – but would you folk be interested in a forum?
Let me know what you want or don’t want, and I’ll see if I can do it. Comments, as always, are welcome.Download Original Wallpaper